- Watch this July 10
Cheryl Strayed's best-selling memoir, Wild, about her thousand-mile hike on the Pacific Crest Trail, finally has its film adaptation.
Wild, which is directed by Jean-Marc Vallée, stars Reese Witherspoon as Strayed, who embarks on a vision quest after falling into depression in the wake of the death of her mother and the dissolution of her marriage.
Nick Hornby, the novelist behind bestsellers like About a Boy, is the film's screenwriter, so expect some poignant conversations. The film also stars Thomas Sadoski, Laura Dern, and Gaby Hoffman, and is scheduled for release on December 5. Watch the trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week