- Watch this July 10
Cheryl Strayed's best-selling memoir, Wild, about her thousand-mile hike on the Pacific Crest Trail, finally has its film adaptation.
Wild, which is directed by Jean-Marc Vallée, stars Reese Witherspoon as Strayed, who embarks on a vision quest after falling into depression in the wake of the death of her mother and the dissolution of her marriage.
Nick Hornby, the novelist behind bestsellers like About a Boy, is the film's screenwriter, so expect some poignant conversations. The film also stars Thomas Sadoski, Laura Dern, and Gaby Hoffman, and is scheduled for release on December 5. Watch the trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week