- Watch this July 10
Fresh on the heels of Maleficent, her highest earning role ever, Angelina Jolie is taking on a decidedly different project: directing Unbroken, based on the true story of the late Olympic runner Louis Zamperini.
Unbroken, written by the Coen brothers, follows Zamperini, played by Jack O'Connell, as he's taken prisoner by Japanese forces during World War II after spending 47 days lost at sea. The film is based on Laura Hillebrand's book of the same name, and it also stars Domhnall Gleeson and Garrett Hedlund. Unbroken is scheduled for a December release, making it a prime Oscar candidate. Watch the moving trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
Subscribe to the Week