- Coming Soon July 11
Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe have signed on to co-star in police drama The Nice Guys, Variety reports.
The Nice Guys follows the detective pair through 1970s L.A. as they investigate the apparent suicide of a porn star, which sparks murder suspicion that's "bizarrely rooted in smog and the U.S. auto industry."
The film comes from Shane Black, the director of Iron Man 3. Black is teaming up with producer Joel Silver, with whom he also collaborated on the Lethal Weapon franchise. In addition to directing, Black co-wrote the script with Anthony Bagarozzi.
The best part? The characters' names are Jackson Healy and Holland March — perfect for '70s detectives.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- The battle over e-cigarettes
Subscribe to the Week