- Coming Soon July 11
Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe have signed on to co-star in police drama The Nice Guys, Variety reports.
The Nice Guys follows the detective pair through 1970s L.A. as they investigate the apparent suicide of a porn star, which sparks murder suspicion that's "bizarrely rooted in smog and the U.S. auto industry."
The film comes from Shane Black, the director of Iron Man 3. Black is teaming up with producer Joel Silver, with whom he also collaborated on the Lethal Weapon franchise. In addition to directing, Black co-wrote the script with Anthony Bagarozzi.
The best part? The characters' names are Jackson Healy and Holland March — perfect for '70s detectives.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week