- Coming Soon July 11
Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe have signed on to co-star in police drama The Nice Guys, Variety reports.
The Nice Guys follows the detective pair through 1970s L.A. as they investigate the apparent suicide of a porn star, which sparks murder suspicion that's "bizarrely rooted in smog and the U.S. auto industry."
The film comes from Shane Black, the director of Iron Man 3. Black is teaming up with producer Joel Silver, with whom he also collaborated on the Lethal Weapon franchise. In addition to directing, Black co-wrote the script with Anthony Bagarozzi.
The best part? The characters' names are Jackson Healy and Holland March — perfect for '70s detectives.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
Subscribe to the Week