- Coming Soon July 11
Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe have signed on to co-star in police drama The Nice Guys, Variety reports.
The Nice Guys follows the detective pair through 1970s L.A. as they investigate the apparent suicide of a porn star, which sparks murder suspicion that's "bizarrely rooted in smog and the U.S. auto industry."
The film comes from Shane Black, the director of Iron Man 3. Black is teaming up with producer Joel Silver, with whom he also collaborated on the Lethal Weapon franchise. In addition to directing, Black co-wrote the script with Anthony Bagarozzi.
The best part? The characters' names are Jackson Healy and Holland March — perfect for '70s detectives.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week