- Chill out July 11
A wave of unseasonably cold air reminiscent of January's polar vortex is due to hit the North and Northeast next week with temperatures as much as 30 degrees below normal. Morning temperatures could dip into the 40s in some areas as the cold blast from Alaska crosses the Great Lakes en route to the East. Weather Underground's Jeff Masters blames the chill on Typhoon Neoguri, which triggered a chain reaction of weather shifts. Read more at NBC.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week