- Here comes the bride July 11
Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R) will be headlining a major event this weekend back home in New Hampshire, alongside her friend and former Senate colleague Scott Brown: The wedding of Brown's younger daughter Arianna, at which Ayotte herself will officiate the ceremony.
Arianna Brown is marrying Jim Hendry, a former Senate intern for her father and now a paralegal specialist at the Justice Department. And not only that, but Scott Brown and his wife Gail Huff are also celebrating their own 28th wedding anniversary this weekend.
Ayotte had agreed to officiate at the ceremony prior to Brown declaring his candidacy for the other U.S. Senate seat from New Hampshire, WMUR-TV reports, but she has since also endorsed him in that campaign.
The former senator from Massachusetts has moved to New Hampshire, where he is mounting a comeback bid by challenging incumbent Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen. A recent poll by the University of New Hampshire showed Shaheen leading Brown, 50 percent to 38 percent.- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
Subscribe to the Week