- Here comes the bride July 11
Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R) will be headlining a major event this weekend back home in New Hampshire, alongside her friend and former Senate colleague Scott Brown: The wedding of Brown's younger daughter Arianna, at which Ayotte herself will officiate the ceremony.
Arianna Brown is marrying Jim Hendry, a former Senate intern for her father and now a paralegal specialist at the Justice Department. And not only that, but Scott Brown and his wife Gail Huff are also celebrating their own 28th wedding anniversary this weekend.
Ayotte had agreed to officiate at the ceremony prior to Brown declaring his candidacy for the other U.S. Senate seat from New Hampshire, WMUR-TV reports, but she has since also endorsed him in that campaign.
The former senator from Massachusetts has moved to New Hampshire, where he is mounting a comeback bid by challenging incumbent Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen. A recent poll by the University of New Hampshire showed Shaheen leading Brown, 50 percent to 38 percent.- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week