- coming soon? July 11
Colin Farrell is in talks to play one of the leads in the second season of HBO's True Detective, Deadline reports.
Deadline says Farrell is "deep in negotiations" for the role, though nothing is official yet. Yesterday, Nic Pizzolatto, the show's writer and creator, told The Daily Beast that the second season will have four leads, rather than three, as originally anticipated. Pizzolatto also revealed that the second season will be set in California.
The Wrap also reports that Taylor Kitsch is in talks for another of the show's lead roles next season. HBO hasn't made any official statements, though, so you don't have to give up your #TrueDetectiveSeason2 dreams just yet.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week