- coming soon? July 11
Colin Farrell is in talks to play one of the leads in the second season of HBO's True Detective, Deadline reports.
Deadline says Farrell is "deep in negotiations" for the role, though nothing is official yet. Yesterday, Nic Pizzolatto, the show's writer and creator, told The Daily Beast that the second season will have four leads, rather than three, as originally anticipated. Pizzolatto also revealed that the second season will be set in California.
The Wrap also reports that Taylor Kitsch is in talks for another of the show's lead roles next season. HBO hasn't made any official statements, though, so you don't have to give up your #TrueDetectiveSeason2 dreams just yet.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week