- coming soon? July 11
Colin Farrell is in talks to play one of the leads in the second season of HBO's True Detective, Deadline reports.
Deadline says Farrell is "deep in negotiations" for the role, though nothing is official yet. Yesterday, Nic Pizzolatto, the show's writer and creator, told The Daily Beast that the second season will have four leads, rather than three, as originally anticipated. Pizzolatto also revealed that the second season will be set in California.
The Wrap also reports that Taylor Kitsch is in talks for another of the show's lead roles next season. HBO hasn't made any official statements, though, so you don't have to give up your #TrueDetectiveSeason2 dreams just yet.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week