- Really? July 12
Here's a new one: Father Padraig O'Baoill, a Catholic priest in Gweedore, Ireland, warned his flock against the dangers of "unsavoury" yoga in a parish newsletter, reports BBC News.
"As followers of Jesus Christ, we shouldn't be taking part in any activities that are in conflict with our faith," O'Baoill wrote. "Therefore, don't take any part in yoga classes, tai chi or reiki. Do not endanger your souls for the sake of such unsavoury activities."
Requests to the Diocese of Raphoe for explanation of the remarks have gone unanswered, but a local reporter described parishioners as "baffled and bemused" by the newsletter.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week