- Nom Nom Nom July 12
Childhood taste buds, rejoice: The Chocodile is back!
Hostess Brands announced the return of its chocolate-covered Twinkie, which will go on sale nationwide this week. The company came back swinging after declaring bankruptcy; last year, Hostess re-released its iconic Twinkies, and this summer it adds another 1990s favorite, explains the Los Angeles Times.
"We see basic consumer trends for Twinkies and we see trends of everything being dipped or wrapped in chocolate, and we thought that by putting the two together we would get a wonderful, fun snack," William Toler, president and CEO of Hostess, said. "It was always part of our desire, as a part of rebuilding Hostess, to bring out the wonderful icons that we have."
Dubbed the "Summer of Twinkies Fun," fans can get ahold of the new bite-sized versions for $3.99 per nine-Chocodile pack.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
Subscribe to the Week