- Yikes! July 12
From the "Oh no, oh no, oh no" files: A Santa Fe woman's pickup truck stalled on Thursday afternoon, and when she popped the hood, she discovered the cause was a slithering yellow python draped over the engine block.
(AP Photo/Santa Fe Police Department)
A police lieutenant who responded to the call wrestled the 20-pound snake from the car, then turned it over to the Santa Fe Animal Shelter, The Associated Press reports. Authorities say the snake probably first hitched a ride back at the driver's house; the reptile's owner has unsurprisingly failed to show up to retrieve the errant adventurer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week