- Yikes! July 12
From the "Oh no, oh no, oh no" files: A Santa Fe woman's pickup truck stalled on Thursday afternoon, and when she popped the hood, she discovered the cause was a slithering yellow python draped over the engine block.
(AP Photo/Santa Fe Police Department)
A police lieutenant who responded to the call wrestled the 20-pound snake from the car, then turned it over to the Santa Fe Animal Shelter, The Associated Press reports. Authorities say the snake probably first hitched a ride back at the driver's house; the reptile's owner has unsurprisingly failed to show up to retrieve the errant adventurer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week