- Yikes! July 12
From the "Oh no, oh no, oh no" files: A Santa Fe woman's pickup truck stalled on Thursday afternoon, and when she popped the hood, she discovered the cause was a slithering yellow python draped over the engine block.
(AP Photo/Santa Fe Police Department)
A police lieutenant who responded to the call wrestled the 20-pound snake from the car, then turned it over to the Santa Fe Animal Shelter, The Associated Press reports. Authorities say the snake probably first hitched a ride back at the driver's house; the reptile's owner has unsurprisingly failed to show up to retrieve the errant adventurer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week