- Yikes! July 12
From the "Oh no, oh no, oh no" files: A Santa Fe woman's pickup truck stalled on Thursday afternoon, and when she popped the hood, she discovered the cause was a slithering yellow python draped over the engine block.
(AP Photo/Santa Fe Police Department)
A police lieutenant who responded to the call wrestled the 20-pound snake from the car, then turned it over to the Santa Fe Animal Shelter, The Associated Press reports. Authorities say the snake probably first hitched a ride back at the driver's house; the reptile's owner has unsurprisingly failed to show up to retrieve the errant adventurer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The girl who wouldn't die
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week