- Yikes! July 12
From the "Oh no, oh no, oh no" files: A Santa Fe woman's pickup truck stalled on Thursday afternoon, and when she popped the hood, she discovered the cause was a slithering yellow python draped over the engine block.
(AP Photo/Santa Fe Police Department)
A police lieutenant who responded to the call wrestled the 20-pound snake from the car, then turned it over to the Santa Fe Animal Shelter, The Associated Press reports. Authorities say the snake probably first hitched a ride back at the driver's house; the reptile's owner has unsurprisingly failed to show up to retrieve the errant adventurer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week