- Cheese! July 12
What do you do in the days leading up to August recess in the Senate?
If you're Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), you apparently decide your time is best spent wandering the hallways, asking fellow senators to pose for selfies. Booker's goal, reports The Washington Post, is to photograph himself with each of his fellow 99 senators (yes, even those across the aisle). He's got 10 so far since he began his quest four weeks ago, including Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who tweeted the moment, to Booker's approval:
No word on what, exactly, the end game is here (A light-hearted mashup that the crew can use to be more socially savvy? Who knows). But, as Booker posts the selfies on his Instagram page, he's also adding a short blurb about each senator. So if nothing else, you can discover fun facts, such as how Booker considers Sen. Michael Enzi (R-Wyo.) his "#BreakfastBrother."
The more you know!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week