- Cheese! July 12
What do you do in the days leading up to August recess in the Senate?
If you're Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), you apparently decide your time is best spent wandering the hallways, asking fellow senators to pose for selfies. Booker's goal, reports The Washington Post, is to photograph himself with each of his fellow 99 senators (yes, even those across the aisle). He's got 10 so far since he began his quest four weeks ago, including Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who tweeted the moment, to Booker's approval:
No word on what, exactly, the end game is here (A light-hearted mashup that the crew can use to be more socially savvy? Who knows). But, as Booker posts the selfies on his Instagram page, he's also adding a short blurb about each senator. So if nothing else, you can discover fun facts, such as how Booker considers Sen. Michael Enzi (R-Wyo.) his "#BreakfastBrother."
The more you know!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Briefing: Offshore drilling and the environment
Subscribe to the Week