- Cheese! July 12
What do you do in the days leading up to August recess in the Senate?
If you're Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), you apparently decide your time is best spent wandering the hallways, asking fellow senators to pose for selfies. Booker's goal, reports The Washington Post, is to photograph himself with each of his fellow 99 senators (yes, even those across the aisle). He's got 10 so far since he began his quest four weeks ago, including Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who tweeted the moment, to Booker's approval:
No word on what, exactly, the end game is here (A light-hearted mashup that the crew can use to be more socially savvy? Who knows). But, as Booker posts the selfies on his Instagram page, he's also adding a short blurb about each senator. So if nothing else, you can discover fun facts, such as how Booker considers Sen. Michael Enzi (R-Wyo.) his "#BreakfastBrother."
The more you know!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week