- Cheese! July 12
What do you do in the days leading up to August recess in the Senate?
If you're Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), you apparently decide your time is best spent wandering the hallways, asking fellow senators to pose for selfies. Booker's goal, reports The Washington Post, is to photograph himself with each of his fellow 99 senators (yes, even those across the aisle). He's got 10 so far since he began his quest four weeks ago, including Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who tweeted the moment, to Booker's approval:
No word on what, exactly, the end game is here (A light-hearted mashup that the crew can use to be more socially savvy? Who knows). But, as Booker posts the selfies on his Instagram page, he's also adding a short blurb about each senator. So if nothing else, you can discover fun facts, such as how Booker considers Sen. Michael Enzi (R-Wyo.) his "#BreakfastBrother."
The more you know!- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Surviving a plane crash
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
Subscribe to the Week