- Woah July 13
What happens when you combine a 130-foot-tall statue of Jesus with an unusually enormous moon? This:
Saturday brought the first supermoon — a phenomena when the moon is full on the same night it is closest in its orbit to Earth — of the season, which made for some incredible images like those above of Brazil's Christ the Redeemer statue. The next supermoon will take place on August 10, so get those cameras ready.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week