- Woah July 13
What happens when you combine a 130-foot-tall statue of Jesus with an unusually enormous moon? This:
Saturday brought the first supermoon — a phenomena when the moon is full on the same night it is closest in its orbit to Earth — of the season, which made for some incredible images like those above of Brazil's Christ the Redeemer statue. The next supermoon will take place on August 10, so get those cameras ready.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The girl who wouldn't die
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week