- Under the sea July 13
Almost 500 swimmers donned scuba gear and costumes Saturday to splash along to deep sea tunes in the 30th Lower Keys Underwater Music Festival. A local radio station broadcasted four hours of uninterrupted music, which was then played on underwater speakers in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. And yes: The playlist had a water theme.
Good thing none of those instruments were plugged in.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week