- Under the sea July 13
Almost 500 swimmers donned scuba gear and costumes Saturday to splash along to deep sea tunes in the 30th Lower Keys Underwater Music Festival. A local radio station broadcasted four hours of uninterrupted music, which was then played on underwater speakers in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. And yes: The playlist had a water theme.
Good thing none of those instruments were plugged in.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week