- don't riot for me argentina July 14
At least 30 people were arrested Sunday in Buenos Aires after a World Cup gathering turned violent.
Although Argentina lost to Germany 1-0, thousands of fans came to the Obelisk to celebrate the team's best showing in close to 25 years, CNN reports. According to local media, dozens of unruly people showed up and vandalized a theater, beat up journalists, attacked police officers with rocks and bottles, and broke store windows.
State news agency Telam said that 15 police officers and at least five others were injured.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week