- don't riot for me argentina July 14
At least 30 people were arrested Sunday in Buenos Aires after a World Cup gathering turned violent.
Although Argentina lost to Germany 1-0, thousands of fans came to the Obelisk to celebrate the team's best showing in close to 25 years, CNN reports. According to local media, dozens of unruly people showed up and vandalized a theater, beat up journalists, attacked police officers with rocks and bottles, and broke store windows.
State news agency Telam said that 15 police officers and at least five others were injured.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week