- don't riot for me argentina July 14
At least 30 people were arrested Sunday in Buenos Aires after a World Cup gathering turned violent.
Although Argentina lost to Germany 1-0, thousands of fans came to the Obelisk to celebrate the team's best showing in close to 25 years, CNN reports. According to local media, dozens of unruly people showed up and vandalized a theater, beat up journalists, attacked police officers with rocks and bottles, and broke store windows.
State news agency Telam said that 15 police officers and at least five others were injured.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week