- don't riot for me argentina July 14
At least 30 people were arrested Sunday in Buenos Aires after a World Cup gathering turned violent.
Although Argentina lost to Germany 1-0, thousands of fans came to the Obelisk to celebrate the team's best showing in close to 25 years, CNN reports. According to local media, dozens of unruly people showed up and vandalized a theater, beat up journalists, attacked police officers with rocks and bottles, and broke store windows.
State news agency Telam said that 15 police officers and at least five others were injured.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week