- Canine-a-bunga July 14
On Sunday, thousands of spectators cheered as 50 dogs competed in San Diego's Unleashed, one of the largest surfing dog competitions in the U.S. This was the event's ninth year and from the looks of these courageous pups, the competition was ruff. Check out our favorite action shots below. --Lauren Hansen
(Photos are courtesy Unleashed by Petco Surf Dog competition)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week