- Canine-a-bunga July 14
On Sunday, thousands of spectators cheered as 50 dogs competed in San Diego's Unleashed, one of the largest surfing dog competitions in the U.S. This was the event's ninth year and from the looks of these courageous pups, the competition was ruff. Check out our favorite action shots below. --Lauren Hansen
(Photos are courtesy Unleashed by Petco Surf Dog competition)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week