- Farewell, Jeets July 14
Derek Jeter is so great that Jay Z and Michael Jordan can't help but tip their caps to him. Same goes for Red Sox and Mets fans, a bunch of celebrities, a famous former mayor, and the entire city of New York, too. At least that's the premise of a 90-second spot from Nike's Jordan Brand that will run during the All-Star Game to honor the retiring Yankee shortstop. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week