- Farewell, Jeets July 14
Derek Jeter is so great that Jay Z and Michael Jordan can't help but tip their caps to him. Same goes for Red Sox and Mets fans, a bunch of celebrities, a famous former mayor, and the entire city of New York, too. At least that's the premise of a 90-second spot from Nike's Jordan Brand that will run during the All-Star Game to honor the retiring Yankee shortstop. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week