- Farewell, Jeets July 14
Derek Jeter is so great that Jay Z and Michael Jordan can't help but tip their caps to him. Same goes for Red Sox and Mets fans, a bunch of celebrities, a famous former mayor, and the entire city of New York, too. At least that's the premise of a 90-second spot from Nike's Jordan Brand that will run during the All-Star Game to honor the retiring Yankee shortstop. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Why we gossip, according to science
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week