- Quotables July 14
During an interview with Vulture at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour, Parks and Recreation's Retta revealed the real reason for the time-jump in the sitcom's sixth-season finale.
Surprisingly, it wasn't about the plot development at all, but rather, a specific request from Amy Poehler, says Retta:
I saw Amy Poehler at Aziz Ansari's birthday party and she was like, "I'm not working with babies, so I told them we're doing a time jump so I don't have to work with babies... I just had two kids. I've had my share of babies for the last three years. I'm not doing another year of babies. Especially triplets." ... So, that's why they changed it. [Vulture]
Retta also hopes that there will be more of Keegan-Michael Key's character, Joe, in the show's seventh season, which begins production August 11. Read the rest of the interview over at Vulture.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
Subscribe to the Week