- Quotables July 14
During an interview with Vulture at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour, Parks and Recreation's Retta revealed the real reason for the time-jump in the sitcom's sixth-season finale.
Surprisingly, it wasn't about the plot development at all, but rather, a specific request from Amy Poehler, says Retta:
I saw Amy Poehler at Aziz Ansari's birthday party and she was like, "I'm not working with babies, so I told them we're doing a time jump so I don't have to work with babies... I just had two kids. I've had my share of babies for the last three years. I'm not doing another year of babies. Especially triplets." ... So, that's why they changed it. [Vulture]
Retta also hopes that there will be more of Keegan-Michael Key's character, Joe, in the show's seventh season, which begins production August 11. Read the rest of the interview over at Vulture.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week