- Courting Court Support July 14
Though Americans overall are lukewarm to the Supreme Court, a solid majority of Republicans give it a thumbs up, according to a new Gallup poll. It wasn't always that way. Rather, Republican enthusiasm for the court has spiked markedly since September, rising from 30 percent up to 51 percent in that short window.
The uptick comes after a spate of GOP-friendly rulings from the court. In the past few months, the justices have struck down caps on campaign contributions, ruled against President Obama's recess appointments, permitted prayers at town meetings, and, most notably, eroded ObamaCare's contraceptive mandate.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Surviving a plane crash
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week