- Courting Court Support July 14
Though Americans overall are lukewarm to the Supreme Court, a solid majority of Republicans give it a thumbs up, according to a new Gallup poll. It wasn't always that way. Rather, Republican enthusiasm for the court has spiked markedly since September, rising from 30 percent up to 51 percent in that short window.
The uptick comes after a spate of GOP-friendly rulings from the court. In the past few months, the justices have struck down caps on campaign contributions, ruled against President Obama's recess appointments, permitted prayers at town meetings, and, most notably, eroded ObamaCare's contraceptive mandate.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week