- Courting Court Support July 14
Though Americans overall are lukewarm to the Supreme Court, a solid majority of Republicans give it a thumbs up, according to a new Gallup poll. It wasn't always that way. Rather, Republican enthusiasm for the court has spiked markedly since September, rising from 30 percent up to 51 percent in that short window.
The uptick comes after a spate of GOP-friendly rulings from the court. In the past few months, the justices have struck down caps on campaign contributions, ruled against President Obama's recess appointments, permitted prayers at town meetings, and, most notably, eroded ObamaCare's contraceptive mandate.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
Subscribe to the Week