- America the Beautiful July 14
Following in the footsteps of competitors Papa John's and Domino's, Pizza Hut is expanding its dessert offerings.
On Monday, Pizza Hut rolled out a pizza-shaped chocolate chip cookie that's remarkably similar to Papa John's Mega Chocolate Chip Cookie. Pizza Hut's "Ultimate Hershey's Chocolate Chip Pizza" is cut into eight triangular slices and boasts real Hershey's chocolate chips. The cookie is Pizza Hut's second Hershey's concoction, joining the ranks of its Chocolate Dunkers.
Businessweek reports that Pizza Hut surveyed 1,000 consumers and found that 70 percent of them eat dessert after eating pizza, so expanding its offerings is a smart move for the brand.
"Millennials tell us it's what they want," Carrie Walsh, chief marketing officer at Pizza Hut, told USA Today. "They like to cap off a great pizza with a great dessert."
Here's a look at the new cookie, courtesy of the brand itself. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
Subscribe to the Week