- America the Beautiful July 14
Following in the footsteps of competitors Papa John's and Domino's, Pizza Hut is expanding its dessert offerings.
On Monday, Pizza Hut rolled out a pizza-shaped chocolate chip cookie that's remarkably similar to Papa John's Mega Chocolate Chip Cookie. Pizza Hut's "Ultimate Hershey's Chocolate Chip Pizza" is cut into eight triangular slices and boasts real Hershey's chocolate chips. The cookie is Pizza Hut's second Hershey's concoction, joining the ranks of its Chocolate Dunkers.
Businessweek reports that Pizza Hut surveyed 1,000 consumers and found that 70 percent of them eat dessert after eating pizza, so expanding its offerings is a smart move for the brand.
"Millennials tell us it's what they want," Carrie Walsh, chief marketing officer at Pizza Hut, told USA Today. "They like to cap off a great pizza with a great dessert."
Here's a look at the new cookie, courtesy of the brand itself. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
Subscribe to the Week