- America the Beautiful July 14
Following in the footsteps of competitors Papa John's and Domino's, Pizza Hut is expanding its dessert offerings.
On Monday, Pizza Hut rolled out a pizza-shaped chocolate chip cookie that's remarkably similar to Papa John's Mega Chocolate Chip Cookie. Pizza Hut's "Ultimate Hershey's Chocolate Chip Pizza" is cut into eight triangular slices and boasts real Hershey's chocolate chips. The cookie is Pizza Hut's second Hershey's concoction, joining the ranks of its Chocolate Dunkers.
Businessweek reports that Pizza Hut surveyed 1,000 consumers and found that 70 percent of them eat dessert after eating pizza, so expanding its offerings is a smart move for the brand.
"Millennials tell us it's what they want," Carrie Walsh, chief marketing officer at Pizza Hut, told USA Today. "They like to cap off a great pizza with a great dessert."
Here's a look at the new cookie, courtesy of the brand itself. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week