- And the Emmy doesn't go to... July 14
President Obama's appearance on Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis was so superb it earned him an Emmy nomination, according to a bunch of erroneous reports last week. "Obama nominated for an Emmy — yes really" blared an indicative Fox News headline.
The only problem: It wasn't exactly true. Really. Though the show did indeed earn a nomination, the recognition was solely for its producers, Chris DiIorio, a press rep for the Television Academy, told The Week.
"The nominations for this category go to the producers of the show – not the actors, guest stars, etc.," he said in an email. Ergo, "President Obama was not nominated for an Emmy."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week