- And the Emmy doesn't go to... July 14
President Obama's appearance on Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis was so superb it earned him an Emmy nomination, according to a bunch of erroneous reports last week. "Obama nominated for an Emmy — yes really" blared an indicative Fox News headline.
The only problem: It wasn't exactly true. Really. Though the show did indeed earn a nomination, the recognition was solely for its producers, Chris DiIorio, a press rep for the Television Academy, told The Week.
"The nominations for this category go to the producers of the show – not the actors, guest stars, etc.," he said in an email. Ergo, "President Obama was not nominated for an Emmy."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week