- Pass the popcorn July 14
House Republicans' forthcoming lawsuit against President Obama is such a load of nonsense that it wouldn't fly in a reality TV courtroom, according to Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.).
Speaking on the Senate floor Monday, Reid said Republicans were so "desperate" for a spectacle to embarrass the president that they'd concocted a scheme "worthy of daytime television." Yet their lawsuit, he added, was even too farfetched for that venue.
"They should go talk to Judge Judy," Reid said. "She would throw this case out in half a second."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How I lost all my money
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week