- Pass the popcorn July 14
House Republicans' forthcoming lawsuit against President Obama is such a load of nonsense that it wouldn't fly in a reality TV courtroom, according to Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.).
Speaking on the Senate floor Monday, Reid said Republicans were so "desperate" for a spectacle to embarrass the president that they'd concocted a scheme "worthy of daytime television." Yet their lawsuit, he added, was even too farfetched for that venue.
"They should go talk to Judge Judy," Reid said. "She would throw this case out in half a second."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week