- Pass the popcorn July 14
House Republicans' forthcoming lawsuit against President Obama is such a load of nonsense that it wouldn't fly in a reality TV courtroom, according to Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.).
Speaking on the Senate floor Monday, Reid said Republicans were so "desperate" for a spectacle to embarrass the president that they'd concocted a scheme "worthy of daytime television." Yet their lawsuit, he added, was even too farfetched for that venue.
"They should go talk to Judge Judy," Reid said. "She would throw this case out in half a second."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why insects are the future of food
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week