- Pass the popcorn July 14
House Republicans' forthcoming lawsuit against President Obama is such a load of nonsense that it wouldn't fly in a reality TV courtroom, according to Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.).
Speaking on the Senate floor Monday, Reid said Republicans were so "desperate" for a spectacle to embarrass the president that they'd concocted a scheme "worthy of daytime television." Yet their lawsuit, he added, was even too farfetched for that venue.
"They should go talk to Judge Judy," Reid said. "She would throw this case out in half a second."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week