- Daydream Belieber July 15
Last year, songwriter Toby Sheldon gained some notoriety for spending more than $100,000 on plastic surgery to make him look like Justin Bieber. This past weekend, Sheldon imitated his aesthetic idol in another way, appearing on TV to share his artistic endeavors with the world — or at least the audience of E!'s Botched, a series about plastic surgery gone awry.
The first problem with Sheldon's goal to look like an 18-year-old Bieber is that Sheldon is 33 years old. He has already had hair transplants, Aquamid injections, liposuction, and multiple cosmetic surgery operations to change his face, even his smile, to look like the 20-year-old Canadian bad boy singer. He now tells Botched's plastic surgeons, Dr. Terry Dubrow and Dr. Paul Nassif, that he wants to shrink his forehead and jaw.
After the doctors point out that performing such an operation would make Sheldon look like a Neanderthal, he says he can wear a hat for a while: "It's two months of misery for a lifetime of happiness." And after Dubrow and Nassif turn him down, People reports, Sheldon is unfazed: "I've been turned down by tens and tens of surgeons before and look what happened." He means that in a good way. Watch below to judge for yourself. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
Subscribe to the Week