- Daydream Belieber July 15
Last year, songwriter Toby Sheldon gained some notoriety for spending more than $100,000 on plastic surgery to make him look like Justin Bieber. This past weekend, Sheldon imitated his aesthetic idol in another way, appearing on TV to share his artistic endeavors with the world — or at least the audience of E!'s Botched, a series about plastic surgery gone awry.
The first problem with Sheldon's goal to look like an 18-year-old Bieber is that Sheldon is 33 years old. He has already had hair transplants, Aquamid injections, liposuction, and multiple cosmetic surgery operations to change his face, even his smile, to look like the 20-year-old Canadian bad boy singer. He now tells Botched's plastic surgeons, Dr. Terry Dubrow and Dr. Paul Nassif, that he wants to shrink his forehead and jaw.
After the doctors point out that performing such an operation would make Sheldon look like a Neanderthal, he says he can wear a hat for a while: "It's two months of misery for a lifetime of happiness." And after Dubrow and Nassif turn him down, People reports, Sheldon is unfazed: "I've been turned down by tens and tens of surgeons before and look what happened." He means that in a good way. Watch below to judge for yourself. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we gossip, according to science
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week