- give peace a chance July 15
The Peace Corps plans to announce major changes aiming to attract more volunteers as its applications plummet, leaving it at its lowest level of participation in more than a decade. One of the changes will be letting people pick the country where they will serve. The Peace Corps, started by then-president John F. Kennedy more than 50 years ago, sends thousands of volunteers to 65 countries for two-year service projects. Read more about the changes at The Washington Post.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of family dinner
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week