- Coming Soon July 15
For its first animated movie based on a Marvel franchise, Disney could have adapted any number of famed superhero franchises. Instead, the company went in an intriguingly more offbeat direction: Big Hero 6, a relatively obscure series about an Avengers-esque team of superheroic misfits that includes a sword-wielding chef and a 13-year-old boy genius.
The story may be less familiar to mainstream audiences, but it's clear from this first full-length trailer that Big Hero 6 will be wackier than a standard Marvel superhero flick. Protagonist Hiro may squeeze his robotic balloon pal into something that looks like an Iron Man suit, but his goofy antics are a little more family-friendly than your average, explosion-happy summer blockbuster.
Big Hero 6 hits theaters in November. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How to improve your workplace culture
Subscribe to the Week