- Coming Soon July 15
For its first animated movie based on a Marvel franchise, Disney could have adapted any number of famed superhero franchises. Instead, the company went in an intriguingly more offbeat direction: Big Hero 6, a relatively obscure series about an Avengers-esque team of superheroic misfits that includes a sword-wielding chef and a 13-year-old boy genius.
The story may be less familiar to mainstream audiences, but it's clear from this first full-length trailer that Big Hero 6 will be wackier than a standard Marvel superhero flick. Protagonist Hiro may squeeze his robotic balloon pal into something that looks like an Iron Man suit, but his goofy antics are a little more family-friendly than your average, explosion-happy summer blockbuster.
Big Hero 6 hits theaters in November. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week