- impeachment push July 15
Former Vice President Dick Cheney appeared Tuesday on CNN, where he slammed President Obama and alleged that the president does not even believe in having a strong national security policy for the United States. Cheney does not, however, favor impeaching Obama, as other conservatives like Sarah Palin are now agitating to do:
I'm not prepared at this point to call for the impeachment of the president. I think he is the worst president of my lifetime; I fundamentally disagree with him, and I think he's doing a lot of things wrong.... But I think that gets to be a bit of a distraction — just like the impeachment of Bill Clinton did. Everybody could get geared up to have a big fight over it, but it wasn't going anyplace. [Cheney via CNN]
The discussion about impeachment begins at just after the 3:50 mark in the video below. --Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
Subscribe to the Week