- impeachment push July 15
Former Vice President Dick Cheney appeared Tuesday on CNN, where he slammed President Obama and alleged that the president does not even believe in having a strong national security policy for the United States. Cheney does not, however, favor impeaching Obama, as other conservatives like Sarah Palin are now agitating to do:
I'm not prepared at this point to call for the impeachment of the president. I think he is the worst president of my lifetime; I fundamentally disagree with him, and I think he's doing a lot of things wrong.... But I think that gets to be a bit of a distraction — just like the impeachment of Bill Clinton did. Everybody could get geared up to have a big fight over it, but it wasn't going anyplace. [Cheney via CNN]
The discussion about impeachment begins at just after the 3:50 mark in the video below. --Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week