- 2016 Watch July 16
Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) is the latest high-profile Democrat to give his early support to Hillary Clinton for the 2016 presidential election.
The Washington Post reports that Warner will headline a fundraiser for the Ready for Hillary super PAC, an organization of Clinton supporters who are seeking to build the foundation for a campaign, and thereby help convince her to say yes to running again.
The fundraising event in question is built on relatively small donations, with a price of $20.16 for a standard ticket (Get it?), or $201.60 for "host" status. It will be held Aug. 5, at the American Tap Room in Richmond, Virginia.
Warner's support further solidifies Clinton's backing in Virginia. The state's other senator, fellow Democrat Tim Kaine, already endorsed Clinton this past May. Kaine had previously supported then–Sen. Barack Obama over Clinton in the hard-fought 2008 Democratic primaries. And the state's new Democratic governor, Terry McAuliffe, was already a top Clinton campaign official back in 2008.- - Eric Kleefeld
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week