- Watch this July 16
On Monday's episode of American Ninja Warrior, gymnast Kacy Catanzaro accomplished what no woman has done before. Not only was she the first woman to attempt the finals course, but she totally crushed it.
Whether or not you've seen the show, Catanzaro's struggle is apparent in the video. The show's premise involves the attempts of participants to finish a nearly impossible obstacle course. The course is tough even for seasoned athletes, but Catanzaro destroyed it with ease.
Catanzaro, a Towson University graduate, had the support of the crowd during the feat, and she didn't disappoint. Watch her incredible performance below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week