- Watch this July 16
On Monday's episode of American Ninja Warrior, gymnast Kacy Catanzaro accomplished what no woman has done before. Not only was she the first woman to attempt the finals course, but she totally crushed it.
Whether or not you've seen the show, Catanzaro's struggle is apparent in the video. The show's premise involves the attempts of participants to finish a nearly impossible obstacle course. The course is tough even for seasoned athletes, but Catanzaro destroyed it with ease.
Catanzaro, a Towson University graduate, had the support of the crowd during the feat, and she didn't disappoint. Watch her incredible performance below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week