- Watch this July 16
On Monday's episode of American Ninja Warrior, gymnast Kacy Catanzaro accomplished what no woman has done before. Not only was she the first woman to attempt the finals course, but she totally crushed it.
Whether or not you've seen the show, Catanzaro's struggle is apparent in the video. The show's premise involves the attempts of participants to finish a nearly impossible obstacle course. The course is tough even for seasoned athletes, but Catanzaro destroyed it with ease.
Catanzaro, a Towson University graduate, had the support of the crowd during the feat, and she didn't disappoint. Watch her incredible performance below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week