- survey says July 16
Republicans dislike Muslims more than practitioners of any other faith, according to a new Pew poll.
The survey asked respondents to rate various religious groups on a "feeling thermometer," from 0 to 100. The results: Republicans put Muslims at the very bottom, with a feeling score of 33 — just a smidge below atheists.
On the Democratic side, Mormons scored the lowest (44) followed by atheists (46) and Muslims (47).- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week