- survey says July 16
Republicans dislike Muslims more than practitioners of any other faith, according to a new Pew poll.
The survey asked respondents to rate various religious groups on a "feeling thermometer," from 0 to 100. The results: Republicans put Muslims at the very bottom, with a feeling score of 33 — just a smidge below atheists.
On the Democratic side, Mormons scored the lowest (44) followed by atheists (46) and Muslims (47).- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week