- The Rich Are Different July 16
If you're still looking for the perfect place to take your vacation this summer, Variety has a suggestion for you: Billy Joel's very own beach house. Joel's oceanfront home in Sagaponack in the Hamptons, a.k.a. the New York elite's vacation spot of choice, is available for rent — provided you've got millions on hand.
The house boasts more than an acre of "high-hedged grounds" and "180-degree views." All of that, plus four bedrooms and an "ocean-view living room" can be yours, for $19.95 million.
Even if you can't afford the beach house — which, let's face it, most if us can't — it's still fun to imagine Billy Joel making breakfast in a kitchen that's bigger than your entire apartment. I, for one, hope Billy Joel's ocean life at the house involved underwater endeavors like this one.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week