- The Rich Are Different July 16
If you're still looking for the perfect place to take your vacation this summer, Variety has a suggestion for you: Billy Joel's very own beach house. Joel's oceanfront home in Sagaponack in the Hamptons, a.k.a. the New York elite's vacation spot of choice, is available for rent — provided you've got millions on hand.
The house boasts more than an acre of "high-hedged grounds" and "180-degree views." All of that, plus four bedrooms and an "ocean-view living room" can be yours, for $19.95 million.
Even if you can't afford the beach house — which, let's face it, most if us can't — it's still fun to imagine Billy Joel making breakfast in a kitchen that's bigger than your entire apartment. I, for one, hope Billy Joel's ocean life at the house involved underwater endeavors like this one.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 400,000 Americans marched for climate justice. Now what?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week