- The Rich Are Different July 16
If you're still looking for the perfect place to take your vacation this summer, Variety has a suggestion for you: Billy Joel's very own beach house. Joel's oceanfront home in Sagaponack in the Hamptons, a.k.a. the New York elite's vacation spot of choice, is available for rent — provided you've got millions on hand.
The house boasts more than an acre of "high-hedged grounds" and "180-degree views." All of that, plus four bedrooms and an "ocean-view living room" can be yours, for $19.95 million.
Even if you can't afford the beach house — which, let's face it, most if us can't — it's still fun to imagine Billy Joel making breakfast in a kitchen that's bigger than your entire apartment. I, for one, hope Billy Joel's ocean life at the house involved underwater endeavors like this one.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week