- Late Night Antics July 17
Every once in a while, Jimmy Fallon plays a game called Lip Flip with his Tonight Show guests. Wednesday night was such a night, and Whoopi Goldberg was the guest. The game is simple: Through the magic of television, Fallon and Goldberg swap mouths and speak for each other, allowing the two to gently make fun of one another while the audience stares uncomfortably at Fallon with a black mouth and Goldberg with a 5 o'clock mustache shadow.
So, Whoopi's Irish accent sounds very Scottish, and Fallon apparently thinks Goldberg speaks in a variety of strange voices. (Maybe she does?) Then they sing a duet. Fun is had by all. Still, you won't unsee these images anytime soon. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week