- Late Night Antics July 17
Every once in a while, Jimmy Fallon plays a game called Lip Flip with his Tonight Show guests. Wednesday night was such a night, and Whoopi Goldberg was the guest. The game is simple: Through the magic of television, Fallon and Goldberg swap mouths and speak for each other, allowing the two to gently make fun of one another while the audience stares uncomfortably at Fallon with a black mouth and Goldberg with a 5 o'clock mustache shadow.
So, Whoopi's Irish accent sounds very Scottish, and Fallon apparently thinks Goldberg speaks in a variety of strange voices. (Maybe she does?) Then they sing a duet. Fun is had by all. Still, you won't unsee these images anytime soon. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
Subscribe to the Week