- What's the deal with this? July 17
Earlier this week, a site called MuckRock obtained, through a Freedom of Information Act request, complaints from CIA workers... about the food and service in the cafeteria of the agency's Langley, Virginia, headquarters. Jon Stewart poked some obvious fun at the venal silliness of the situation on Wednesday night's Daily Show: "Apparently, when our intelligence professionals aren't sending drones after terrorists, they're sending bitchy emails about their lunch." But then he introduced a "CIA employee" who'd agreed to anonymously leak more information about this cafeteria scandal.
You will believe what happens next, because we spoiled the joke in the headline. But watch anyway: The source material and delivery are both funny, and the clips is worth your 5 minutes. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week