- What's the deal with this? July 17
Earlier this week, a site called MuckRock obtained, through a Freedom of Information Act request, complaints from CIA workers... about the food and service in the cafeteria of the agency's Langley, Virginia, headquarters. Jon Stewart poked some obvious fun at the venal silliness of the situation on Wednesday night's Daily Show: "Apparently, when our intelligence professionals aren't sending drones after terrorists, they're sending bitchy emails about their lunch." But then he introduced a "CIA employee" who'd agreed to anonymously leak more information about this cafeteria scandal.
You will believe what happens next, because we spoiled the joke in the headline. But watch anyway: The source material and delivery are both funny, and the clips is worth your 5 minutes. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week