- What's the deal with this? July 17
Earlier this week, a site called MuckRock obtained, through a Freedom of Information Act request, complaints from CIA workers... about the food and service in the cafeteria of the agency's Langley, Virginia, headquarters. Jon Stewart poked some obvious fun at the venal silliness of the situation on Wednesday night's Daily Show: "Apparently, when our intelligence professionals aren't sending drones after terrorists, they're sending bitchy emails about their lunch." But then he introduced a "CIA employee" who'd agreed to anonymously leak more information about this cafeteria scandal.
You will believe what happens next, because we spoiled the joke in the headline. But watch anyway: The source material and delivery are both funny, and the clips is worth your 5 minutes. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week