- Short Shorts July 17
Jon Stewart had Jerry Seinfeld on The Daily Show Wednesday night, not coincidentally because Stewart is on the about-to-be-released season finale of Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Stewart good-naturedly mocked Seinfeld for lazily creating a second career out of getting breakfast with friends six times a year, and Seinfeld laughed and dropped a bit of news: Between seasons of Comedians in Cars, he's going to release even shorter episodes of a new show every Thursday at noon.
The new show is called Single Shot — "which is like a little espresso," Seinfeld explained — and will be 2 minutes of a handful of comedians talking about the same topic. It will be cobbled together from unused material in the Comedians in Cars vault. It is good to be Jerry Seinfeld. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week