- Short Shorts July 17
Jon Stewart had Jerry Seinfeld on The Daily Show Wednesday night, not coincidentally because Stewart is on the about-to-be-released season finale of Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Stewart good-naturedly mocked Seinfeld for lazily creating a second career out of getting breakfast with friends six times a year, and Seinfeld laughed and dropped a bit of news: Between seasons of Comedians in Cars, he's going to release even shorter episodes of a new show every Thursday at noon.
The new show is called Single Shot — "which is like a little espresso," Seinfeld explained — and will be 2 minutes of a handful of comedians talking about the same topic. It will be cobbled together from unused material in the Comedians in Cars vault. It is good to be Jerry Seinfeld. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week