- Short Shorts July 17
Jon Stewart had Jerry Seinfeld on The Daily Show Wednesday night, not coincidentally because Stewart is on the about-to-be-released season finale of Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Stewart good-naturedly mocked Seinfeld for lazily creating a second career out of getting breakfast with friends six times a year, and Seinfeld laughed and dropped a bit of news: Between seasons of Comedians in Cars, he's going to release even shorter episodes of a new show every Thursday at noon.
The new show is called Single Shot — "which is like a little espresso," Seinfeld explained — and will be 2 minutes of a handful of comedians talking about the same topic. It will be cobbled together from unused material in the Comedians in Cars vault. It is good to be Jerry Seinfeld. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week