- Short Shorts July 17
Jon Stewart had Jerry Seinfeld on The Daily Show Wednesday night, not coincidentally because Stewart is on the about-to-be-released season finale of Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Stewart good-naturedly mocked Seinfeld for lazily creating a second career out of getting breakfast with friends six times a year, and Seinfeld laughed and dropped a bit of news: Between seasons of Comedians in Cars, he's going to release even shorter episodes of a new show every Thursday at noon.
The new show is called Single Shot — "which is like a little espresso," Seinfeld explained — and will be 2 minutes of a handful of comedians talking about the same topic. It will be cobbled together from unused material in the Comedians in Cars vault. It is good to be Jerry Seinfeld. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week