- Storm Watch July 17
Typhoon Rammasun killed at least 38 people in the Philippines before heading toward China, emergency management authorities in Manila said Thursday. Ten people remained missing. The storm left millions without power and forced more than 500,000 people to flee their homes and go to emergency shelters. When the eye of the typhoon passed over Manila on Wednesday, the top sustained winds were 93 miles per hour.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week