- Storm Watch July 17
Typhoon Rammasun killed at least 38 people in the Philippines before heading toward China, emergency management authorities in Manila said Thursday. Ten people remained missing. The storm left millions without power and forced more than 500,000 people to flee their homes and go to emergency shelters. When the eye of the typhoon passed over Manila on Wednesday, the top sustained winds were 93 miles per hour.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week