- Storm Watch July 17
Typhoon Rammasun killed at least 38 people in the Philippines before heading toward China, emergency management authorities in Manila said Thursday. Ten people remained missing. The storm left millions without power and forced more than 500,000 people to flee their homes and go to emergency shelters. When the eye of the typhoon passed over Manila on Wednesday, the top sustained winds were 93 miles per hour.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week