- Your daily cry July 17
Iconic sportscaster Stuart Scott accepted the Jimmy V Perseverance Award at Wednesday night's ESPYs and delivered a genuinely touching speech about living with — and not being beaten by — cancer.
"When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer," he said. "You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live."
The speech starts around the 7:00 mark. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Why we eat what we eat on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week