- Your daily cry July 17
Iconic sportscaster Stuart Scott accepted the Jimmy V Perseverance Award at Wednesday night's ESPYs and delivered a genuinely touching speech about living with — and not being beaten by — cancer.
"When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer," he said. "You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live."
The speech starts around the 7:00 mark. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- The best books we read in 2014
Subscribe to the Week