- Your daily cry July 17
Iconic sportscaster Stuart Scott accepted the Jimmy V Perseverance Award at Wednesday night's ESPYs and delivered a genuinely touching speech about living with — and not being beaten by — cancer.
"When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer," he said. "You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live."
The speech starts around the 7:00 mark. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Briefing: Offshore drilling and the environment
Subscribe to the Week