- to infinity and beyonce July 17
Established pop sensations dominated this year's nominations for the MTV Video Music Awards, with Beyonce earning eight nominations and Eminem earning seven. Only a few breakout artists were recognized, with newcomers Iggy Azalea and Sam Smith nominated in major categories. Beyonce's "Drunk in Love" will compete against Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX's "Fancy," Pharrell's "Happy," Sia's "Chandelier," and Miley's "Wrecking Ball" for the coveted top prize of Video of the Year. Other artists receiving multiple nominations include Jay Z, Ariana Grande, Lorde, Katy Perry, and Avicii.
The awards ceremony, which will stream live from the Forum in Inglewood, California on Sunday, August 24th at 9 p.m. EST., will feature performances from Ariana Grande, Usher, and 5 Seconds of Summer.- - Sabrina Imbler
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week