- This just in July 17
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Thursday that there would be "hell to pay" if pro-Russian separatists downed a Malaysian passenger jet as it flew over Ukraine.
"If it is the result of either separatist or Russian actions mistakenly believing that this was a Ukrainian war plane, I think there's going to be hell to pay," he said.
McCain cautioned that it was too early to speculate about what caused the plane to crash. Ukraine has accused rebel forces of downing the jet with a captured anti-air missile, though the rebels have flatly denied the allegation and suggested Ukrainian troops were responsible.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
Subscribe to the Week