- This just in July 17
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Thursday that there would be "hell to pay" if pro-Russian separatists downed a Malaysian passenger jet as it flew over Ukraine.
"If it is the result of either separatist or Russian actions mistakenly believing that this was a Ukrainian war plane, I think there's going to be hell to pay," he said.
McCain cautioned that it was too early to speculate about what caused the plane to crash. Ukraine has accused rebel forces of downing the jet with a captured anti-air missile, though the rebels have flatly denied the allegation and suggested Ukrainian troops were responsible.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week