- This just in July 17
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Thursday that there would be "hell to pay" if pro-Russian separatists downed a Malaysian passenger jet as it flew over Ukraine.
"If it is the result of either separatist or Russian actions mistakenly believing that this was a Ukrainian war plane, I think there's going to be hell to pay," he said.
McCain cautioned that it was too early to speculate about what caused the plane to crash. Ukraine has accused rebel forces of downing the jet with a captured anti-air missile, though the rebels have flatly denied the allegation and suggested Ukrainian troops were responsible.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week