- Coming Soon July 17
Move over, Ken.
Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel's head designer and creative director, is getting his very own Barbie doll, WWD reports. The limited-edition, aptly-named Barbie Lagerfeld will be available this fall.
Barbie Lagerfeld, which will be part of the Barbie Collector series, and will sport Karl Lagerfeld's signature outfit: a fitted black jacket, collared white shirt, and black jeans.
"It's not every day that Barbie dresses like the world's most famous fashion designer," Kim Culmone, global vice president of Barbie product design, told WWD.
WWD notes that the Barbie will come with sunglasses, a necktie, and ankle boots. Sadly, there's no word yet on whether a miniature version of Lagerfeld's famous cat, Choupette, will also be available as an accessory.
Take a look at an artist's rendering of the Barbie, courtesy of Lagerfeld himself, below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
Subscribe to the Week