- Coming Soon July 17
Move over, Ken.
Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel's head designer and creative director, is getting his very own Barbie doll, WWD reports. The limited-edition, aptly-named Barbie Lagerfeld will be available this fall.
Barbie Lagerfeld, which will be part of the Barbie Collector series, and will sport Karl Lagerfeld's signature outfit: a fitted black jacket, collared white shirt, and black jeans.
"It's not every day that Barbie dresses like the world's most famous fashion designer," Kim Culmone, global vice president of Barbie product design, told WWD.
WWD notes that the Barbie will come with sunglasses, a necktie, and ankle boots. Sadly, there's no word yet on whether a miniature version of Lagerfeld's famous cat, Choupette, will also be available as an accessory.
Take a look at an artist's rendering of the Barbie, courtesy of Lagerfeld himself, below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week