- Coming Soon July 17
Move over, Ken.
Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel's head designer and creative director, is getting his very own Barbie doll, WWD reports. The limited-edition, aptly-named Barbie Lagerfeld will be available this fall.
Barbie Lagerfeld, which will be part of the Barbie Collector series, and will sport Karl Lagerfeld's signature outfit: a fitted black jacket, collared white shirt, and black jeans.
"It's not every day that Barbie dresses like the world's most famous fashion designer," Kim Culmone, global vice president of Barbie product design, told WWD.
WWD notes that the Barbie will come with sunglasses, a necktie, and ankle boots. Sadly, there's no word yet on whether a miniature version of Lagerfeld's famous cat, Choupette, will also be available as an accessory.
Take a look at an artist's rendering of the Barbie, courtesy of Lagerfeld himself, below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week