- Coming Soon July 17
Move over, Ken.
Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel's head designer and creative director, is getting his very own Barbie doll, WWD reports. The limited-edition, aptly-named Barbie Lagerfeld will be available this fall.
Barbie Lagerfeld, which will be part of the Barbie Collector series, and will sport Karl Lagerfeld's signature outfit: a fitted black jacket, collared white shirt, and black jeans.
"It's not every day that Barbie dresses like the world's most famous fashion designer," Kim Culmone, global vice president of Barbie product design, told WWD.
WWD notes that the Barbie will come with sunglasses, a necktie, and ankle boots. Sadly, there's no word yet on whether a miniature version of Lagerfeld's famous cat, Choupette, will also be available as an accessory.
Take a look at an artist's rendering of the Barbie, courtesy of Lagerfeld himself, below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
Subscribe to the Week