- MH17 July 17
Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday that Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 did not crash, but was rather "blown out of the sky." Speaking at the annual Netroots Nation conference, Biden said it was still too early to say for certain what had happened, but that the plane, "apparently had been shot down."
"Shot down. Not an accident," he continued. "Blown out of the sky."
U.S. intelligence officials have said a surface-to-air missile downed the plane, but have yet to determine who fired it. Ukraine has blamed pro-Russian separatists for the attack, though the rebels denied any involvement.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Why is Obama still smoking?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week