- MH17 July 17
Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday that Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 did not crash, but was rather "blown out of the sky." Speaking at the annual Netroots Nation conference, Biden said it was still too early to say for certain what had happened, but that the plane, "apparently had been shot down."
"Shot down. Not an accident," he continued. "Blown out of the sky."
U.S. intelligence officials have said a surface-to-air missile downed the plane, but have yet to determine who fired it. Ukraine has blamed pro-Russian separatists for the attack, though the rebels denied any involvement.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week