- MH17 July 17
Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday that Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 did not crash, but was rather "blown out of the sky." Speaking at the annual Netroots Nation conference, Biden said it was still too early to say for certain what had happened, but that the plane, "apparently had been shot down."
"Shot down. Not an accident," he continued. "Blown out of the sky."
U.S. intelligence officials have said a surface-to-air missile downed the plane, but have yet to determine who fired it. Ukraine has blamed pro-Russian separatists for the attack, though the rebels denied any involvement.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
Subscribe to the Week