- MH17 July 17
Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday that Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 did not crash, but was rather "blown out of the sky." Speaking at the annual Netroots Nation conference, Biden said it was still too early to say for certain what had happened, but that the plane, "apparently had been shot down."
"Shot down. Not an accident," he continued. "Blown out of the sky."
U.S. intelligence officials have said a surface-to-air missile downed the plane, but have yet to determine who fired it. Ukraine has blamed pro-Russian separatists for the attack, though the rebels denied any involvement.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week