- eerie July 18
A man believed to be a passenger on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 made a joke on his Facebook page right before boarding, referencing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared in March.
Cor Pan (who also lists his surname as Schilder elsewhere online) of the Netherlands snapped a photo of the airplane while waiting inside the boarding area, with a caption that The Washington Post says translates to "Should it disappear, this is what it looks like." He was said to be traveling on the doomed plane with his partner, Neeltje Tol, but Malaysia Airlines has yet to confirm this, and friends did not respond to requests for information from the Post.
As of early Friday, his Facebook post has been shared almost 20,000 times.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week