- eerie July 18
A man believed to be a passenger on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 made a joke on his Facebook page right before boarding, referencing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared in March.
Cor Pan (who also lists his surname as Schilder elsewhere online) of the Netherlands snapped a photo of the airplane while waiting inside the boarding area, with a caption that The Washington Post says translates to "Should it disappear, this is what it looks like." He was said to be traveling on the doomed plane with his partner, Neeltje Tol, but Malaysia Airlines has yet to confirm this, and friends did not respond to requests for information from the Post.
As of early Friday, his Facebook post has been shared almost 20,000 times.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week