- eerie July 18
A man believed to be a passenger on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 made a joke on his Facebook page right before boarding, referencing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared in March.
Cor Pan (who also lists his surname as Schilder elsewhere online) of the Netherlands snapped a photo of the airplane while waiting inside the boarding area, with a caption that The Washington Post says translates to "Should it disappear, this is what it looks like." He was said to be traveling on the doomed plane with his partner, Neeltje Tol, but Malaysia Airlines has yet to confirm this, and friends did not respond to requests for information from the Post.
As of early Friday, his Facebook post has been shared almost 20,000 times.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week