- Flight 17 July 18
An Australian woman who lost her brother in the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 learned Friday that her stepdaughter was a passenger on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, The Associated Press reports.
Kaylene Mann's brother Rod Burrows and her sister-in-law Mary Burrows were passengers of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Mann's stepdaughter, Maree Rizk, was killed on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Rizk was returning home from vacation with her husband, Albert.
"It's just brought everyone, everything back," Greg Burrows, Mann's brother, told the AP. "It's just... ripped our guts again."
Burrows doesn't blame Malaysia Airlines, though, saying that "nobody could predict they were going to get shot down" and the tragedy was "out of their hands."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week