- Flight 17 July 18
An Australian woman who lost her brother in the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 learned Friday that her stepdaughter was a passenger on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, The Associated Press reports.
Kaylene Mann's brother Rod Burrows and her sister-in-law Mary Burrows were passengers of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Mann's stepdaughter, Maree Rizk, was killed on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Rizk was returning home from vacation with her husband, Albert.
"It's just brought everyone, everything back," Greg Burrows, Mann's brother, told the AP. "It's just... ripped our guts again."
Burrows doesn't blame Malaysia Airlines, though, saying that "nobody could predict they were going to get shot down" and the tragedy was "out of their hands."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
Subscribe to the Week