- Flight 17 July 18
An Australian woman who lost her brother in the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 learned Friday that her stepdaughter was a passenger on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, The Associated Press reports.
Kaylene Mann's brother Rod Burrows and her sister-in-law Mary Burrows were passengers of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Mann's stepdaughter, Maree Rizk, was killed on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Rizk was returning home from vacation with her husband, Albert.
"It's just brought everyone, everything back," Greg Burrows, Mann's brother, told the AP. "It's just... ripped our guts again."
Burrows doesn't blame Malaysia Airlines, though, saying that "nobody could predict they were going to get shot down" and the tragedy was "out of their hands."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
Subscribe to the Week