- Flight 17 July 18
An Australian woman who lost her brother in the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 learned Friday that her stepdaughter was a passenger on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, The Associated Press reports.
Kaylene Mann's brother Rod Burrows and her sister-in-law Mary Burrows were passengers of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Mann's stepdaughter, Maree Rizk, was killed on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Rizk was returning home from vacation with her husband, Albert.
"It's just brought everyone, everything back," Greg Burrows, Mann's brother, told the AP. "It's just... ripped our guts again."
Burrows doesn't blame Malaysia Airlines, though, saying that "nobody could predict they were going to get shot down" and the tragedy was "out of their hands."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Why we gossip, according to science
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week