- Flight 17 July 18
An Australian woman who lost her brother in the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 learned Friday that her stepdaughter was a passenger on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, The Associated Press reports.
Kaylene Mann's brother Rod Burrows and her sister-in-law Mary Burrows were passengers of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Mann's stepdaughter, Maree Rizk, was killed on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Rizk was returning home from vacation with her husband, Albert.
"It's just brought everyone, everything back," Greg Burrows, Mann's brother, told the AP. "It's just... ripped our guts again."
Burrows doesn't blame Malaysia Airlines, though, saying that "nobody could predict they were going to get shot down" and the tragedy was "out of their hands."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week