- Coming Soon July 18
Last year, Homeland's polarizing third season ended by hitting the reset button; with one major protagonist dead, fans have been left to wonder what new stories the Showtime drama might have in store. A new teaser offers a few hints, but raises just as many questions about the future of the series.
"The tyranny of secrets," says Saul, reflectively, at the beginning of the teaser. "The tyranny of keeping them," replies Carrie. It's clear that Homeland's political landscape is still plenty dicey; in just one minute, this teaser features a massive protest outside a U.S. embassy, a lineup of dead bodies, and at least one deadly explosion in Pakistan.
"This fall, there's no place like Homeland," promises the new trailer. We'll see if fans agree when Homeland's fourth season premieres on October 5. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week