- Coming Soon July 18
Last year, Homeland's polarizing third season ended by hitting the reset button; with one major protagonist dead, fans have been left to wonder what new stories the Showtime drama might have in store. A new teaser offers a few hints, but raises just as many questions about the future of the series.
"The tyranny of secrets," says Saul, reflectively, at the beginning of the teaser. "The tyranny of keeping them," replies Carrie. It's clear that Homeland's political landscape is still plenty dicey; in just one minute, this teaser features a massive protest outside a U.S. embassy, a lineup of dead bodies, and at least one deadly explosion in Pakistan.
"This fall, there's no place like Homeland," promises the new trailer. We'll see if fans agree when Homeland's fourth season premieres on October 5. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Obama was right to give Cuba a 'full bailout'
Subscribe to the Week