- Coming Soon July 18
Last year, Homeland's polarizing third season ended by hitting the reset button; with one major protagonist dead, fans have been left to wonder what new stories the Showtime drama might have in store. A new teaser offers a few hints, but raises just as many questions about the future of the series.
"The tyranny of secrets," says Saul, reflectively, at the beginning of the teaser. "The tyranny of keeping them," replies Carrie. It's clear that Homeland's political landscape is still plenty dicey; in just one minute, this teaser features a massive protest outside a U.S. embassy, a lineup of dead bodies, and at least one deadly explosion in Pakistan.
"This fall, there's no place like Homeland," promises the new trailer. We'll see if fans agree when Homeland's fourth season premieres on October 5. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week