- Funny Business July 19
Reclusive comic strip artist Bill Watterson (he of Calvin and Hobbes fame) emerged from retirement back in June for a surprise collaboration with Stephan Pastis.
Now, The A.V. Club reports, you can own one of those three original strips for Pearls Before Swine (although you’ll need more than $2,000 just for the cheapest one). The online bidding via Heritage Auctions runs through August 7, when some diehard fans will emerge victorious with Watterson-signed original artwork. For his part, Watterson has pledged to donate the proceeds to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week