- Funny Business July 19
Reclusive comic strip artist Bill Watterson (he of Calvin and Hobbes fame) emerged from retirement back in June for a surprise collaboration with Stephan Pastis.
Now, The A.V. Club reports, you can own one of those three original strips for Pearls Before Swine (although you’ll need more than $2,000 just for the cheapest one). The online bidding via Heritage Auctions runs through August 7, when some diehard fans will emerge victorious with Watterson-signed original artwork. For his part, Watterson has pledged to donate the proceeds to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
Subscribe to the Week