- Funny Business July 19
Reclusive comic strip artist Bill Watterson (he of Calvin and Hobbes fame) emerged from retirement back in June for a surprise collaboration with Stephan Pastis.
Now, The A.V. Club reports, you can own one of those three original strips for Pearls Before Swine (although you’ll need more than $2,000 just for the cheapest one). The online bidding via Heritage Auctions runs through August 7, when some diehard fans will emerge victorious with Watterson-signed original artwork. For his part, Watterson has pledged to donate the proceeds to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
Subscribe to the Week