- Funny Business July 19
Reclusive comic strip artist Bill Watterson (he of Calvin and Hobbes fame) emerged from retirement back in June for a surprise collaboration with Stephan Pastis.
Now, The A.V. Club reports, you can own one of those three original strips for Pearls Before Swine (although you’ll need more than $2,000 just for the cheapest one). The online bidding via Heritage Auctions runs through August 7, when some diehard fans will emerge victorious with Watterson-signed original artwork. For his part, Watterson has pledged to donate the proceeds to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week