- Flight 17 July 19
In the wake of Thursday's tragic plane crash, people around the world have come together to mourn. Malaysian artist-architect Hong Yi, who creates lovely designs using typically everyday objects, turned to her art to create the touching tribute, below.
She used 298 white petals to illustrate tears for the passengers aboard Flight 17.
"Absolutely heartbroken, a dark stain in our history," she wrote. "Prayers and heart goes out to all family and loved ones involved." --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week