- Flight 17 July 19
In the wake of Thursday's tragic plane crash, people around the world have come together to mourn. Malaysian artist-architect Hong Yi, who creates lovely designs using typically everyday objects, turned to her art to create the touching tribute, below.
She used 298 white petals to illustrate tears for the passengers aboard Flight 17.
"Absolutely heartbroken, a dark stain in our history," she wrote. "Prayers and heart goes out to all family and loved ones involved." --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week