- Flight 17 July 19
In the wake of Thursday's tragic plane crash, people around the world have come together to mourn. Malaysian artist-architect Hong Yi, who creates lovely designs using typically everyday objects, turned to her art to create the touching tribute, below.
She used 298 white petals to illustrate tears for the passengers aboard Flight 17.
"Absolutely heartbroken, a dark stain in our history," she wrote. "Prayers and heart goes out to all family and loved ones involved." --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week