- Flight 17 July 19
In the wake of Thursday's tragic plane crash, people around the world have come together to mourn. Malaysian artist-architect Hong Yi, who creates lovely designs using typically everyday objects, turned to her art to create the touching tribute, below.
She used 298 white petals to illustrate tears for the passengers aboard Flight 17.
"Absolutely heartbroken, a dark stain in our history," she wrote. "Prayers and heart goes out to all family and loved ones involved." --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- In defense of family dinner
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week