- Flight 17 July 19
In the wake of Thursday's tragic plane crash, people around the world have come together to mourn. Malaysian artist-architect Hong Yi, who creates lovely designs using typically everyday objects, turned to her art to create the touching tribute, below.
She used 298 white petals to illustrate tears for the passengers aboard Flight 17.
"Absolutely heartbroken, a dark stain in our history," she wrote. "Prayers and heart goes out to all family and loved ones involved." --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week