- RIP July 20
Legendary actor James Garner passed away Saturday night at his home in Los Angeles. He was 86 years old.
The Oklahoman was best known for his starring roles on the hit 1950s TV western The Maverick and, in the 1970s, The Rockford Files. A prolific film actor as well, Garner received one Academy Award nomination, in 1986, for his leading role in Murphy's Romance.
Police say Garner died of natural causes.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Terrorists are threatening to attack movie theaters showing The Interview. You should go see it anyway.
Subscribe to the Week