- Oops July 20
A frustrated Secretary of State John Kerry was caught Sunday on a live mic speaking candidly about the situation in Gaza. Kerry was in between interviews he was conducting for a media blitz when Fox News picked up his brief phone conversation with an aide.
"It's a hell of a pinpoint operation," Kerry said, seeming to criticize the Israeli government for the mounting civilian death toll. "We've got to get over there," he added. "We ought to go tonight. I think it's crazy to be sitting around."
Kerry's remarks came as he was about to appear on Fox News Sunday and so, once he was live on air, host Chris Wallace naturally asked him to explain what he deemed "an extraordinary moment of diplomacy." -- Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week