- Flight 17 July 20
Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) on Sunday tied Russian President Vladimir Putin directly to the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.
"By supplying this type of weaponry to a group of thugs like Ukrainian separatists, you have to bear responsibility for what happens after that," King said. "There can be no reasonable doubt now that Russia was involved, Putin was involved," he added.
King's claim was a more forceful charge than the one made on the same program by Secretary of State John Kerry. Though Kerry said Russia shared a degree of culpability for arming the Ukrainian separatists who allegedly shot down the plane, he said only "some" Russian officials — not all, and not Putin himself — bore responsibility for that collaboration. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week