- Flight 17 July 20
Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) on Sunday tied Russian President Vladimir Putin directly to the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.
"By supplying this type of weaponry to a group of thugs like Ukrainian separatists, you have to bear responsibility for what happens after that," King said. "There can be no reasonable doubt now that Russia was involved, Putin was involved," he added.
King's claim was a more forceful charge than the one made on the same program by Secretary of State John Kerry. Though Kerry said Russia shared a degree of culpability for arming the Ukrainian separatists who allegedly shot down the plane, he said only "some" Russian officials — not all, and not Putin himself — bore responsibility for that collaboration. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week