- RIP July 20
Actress Skye McCole Bartusiak, best known for playing Mel Gibson's youngest daughter in The Patriot, died Saturday in Houston. She was 21.
Her cause of death has not yet been determined, but Bartusiak’s mother, Helen McCole Bartusiak, told CNN her daughter had recently suffered from several epileptic seizures.
In addition to 2000's The Patriot, Bartusiak also appeared in the movies The Cider House Rules and Don't Say a Word, with her last role in 2012's Sick Boy, a low-budget thriller. According to her mother, Bartusiak was getting ready to produce and direct her first feature film. "She was a kind and really beautiful girl," Helen McCole Bartusiak told CNN. "The girl has lived such an amazing life."- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week