- RIP July 20
Actress Skye McCole Bartusiak, best known for playing Mel Gibson's youngest daughter in The Patriot, died Saturday in Houston. She was 21.
Her cause of death has not yet been determined, but Bartusiak’s mother, Helen McCole Bartusiak, told CNN her daughter had recently suffered from several epileptic seizures.
In addition to 2000's The Patriot, Bartusiak also appeared in the movies The Cider House Rules and Don't Say a Word, with her last role in 2012's Sick Boy, a low-budget thriller. According to her mother, Bartusiak was getting ready to produce and direct her first feature film. "She was a kind and really beautiful girl," Helen McCole Bartusiak told CNN. "The girl has lived such an amazing life."- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week