- our selfies, ourselves July 21
An Illinois woman chose the worst possible time to take a selfie.
Danielle Saxton, 27, was arrested for retail theft at a southern Illinois boutique earlier this month, the Associated Press reports. After the arrest, Saxton posted Facebook photos of herself — wearing a stolen dress.
Kert Williams, co-owner of Mortie's Boutique, from which the dress as well as jewelry were stolen, posted about the missing items on Facebook, and others who saw Saxton's photo reported it to the police.
According to Williams, this isn't the first incident of social media helping his store stop theft. "We've had an instance before where we caught the people, you know, posting on Facebook," Williams told local news channel WSIL-TV. "It's a way of shame."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week