- our selfies, ourselves July 21
An Illinois woman chose the worst possible time to take a selfie.
Danielle Saxton, 27, was arrested for retail theft at a southern Illinois boutique earlier this month, the Associated Press reports. After the arrest, Saxton posted Facebook photos of herself — wearing a stolen dress.
Kert Williams, co-owner of Mortie's Boutique, from which the dress as well as jewelry were stolen, posted about the missing items on Facebook, and others who saw Saxton's photo reported it to the police.
According to Williams, this isn't the first incident of social media helping his store stop theft. "We've had an instance before where we caught the people, you know, posting on Facebook," Williams told local news channel WSIL-TV. "It's a way of shame."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
Subscribe to the Week