- In a studio far, far away July 21
Though the occasional image has leaked from the set, Disney has done a remarkable job keeping details about Star Wars: Episode VII under wraps. But if a new report from Badass Digest is accurate, the basic storyline of the upcoming sequel has finally leaked — and fans of the original Star Wars are likely to experience a little déjà vu.
According to reporter Devin Faraci, the movie begins when a severed hand gripping a lightsaber falls onto a desert planet. The heroes, played by Daisy Ridley and John Boyega, discover it and bring it to Han Solo and Chewbacca, who recognize it as Luke Skywalker's old lightsaber. Unfortunately, Luke has been missing since the events of Return of the Jedi 30 years earlier. And while our heroes attempt to track him down, "nefarious forces" are developing a weapon even more threatening than the Death Star — one that could destroy an entire solar system.
In a follow-up post, Faraci addressed those who were skeptical about his scoop. "A lot of people have found my initial report hard to believe. Me too!" he wrote. "That's why I got multiple sources to confirm it before I ran anything. Could they be wrong/spreading disinformation? Anything's possible, but both of these sources have proven to be absolutely impeccable in the past."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How science can help you survive scary movies
Subscribe to the Week