- You betcha July 21
FX's Fargo was widely billed as a "limited series" when it premiered earlier this year — but in the wake of its massive critical and commercial success, a second season seemed all but inevitable.
Today, FX made it official by announcing that Fargo will, indeed, return for a sophomore outing — but there's a catch. Much like HBO's True Detective or FX's own American Horror Story, Fargo will retain a certain thematic spirit while featuring "an all-new cast, a different time period setting, and a new 'true crime' story that will unfold across 10 episodes."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
Subscribe to the Week