- This just in July 21
On Monday, President Obama signed an executive non-discrimination order to protect the LBGT community. The order will prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity among federal contractors.
Obama has frequently acted in favor of gay rights, repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and repeatedly targeting LGBT job discrimination. While his executive order won't help as many workers as would federal legislation, his order could help as many as 20 percent of American workers.
You can watch Obama signing the new order, via Politico, below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week